What causes registration delays?
What can cause my transfer / bond registration to be delayed?
- Lost Title Deeds
- Delay in buyer obtaining finance.
- Delay in receiving bond instructions from the bank.
- Delay in receiving rates clearance figures from local government – such a delay usually occurs when one or more utilities have not been billed on the seller’s rates account.
- Delay in receiving the Transfer Duty Receipt where one or more parties have outstanding taxes.
- Linked transactions.
- When client neglects to sign documents and pay costs when requested to do so.
- Where shortfalls occurs on either side or the parties neglects to pay such shortfall on request.
Recommended for you
Building on vacant land has unmatched possibilities when creating your dream home. There are, however, a few other aspects to consider when purchasing vacant land.
Miscommunication on what constitutes movable and immovable property can complicate the sale of a property and may even lead to litigation. It is important to draw a distinction between these when you sell or purchase a property in order to obtain clarity on what will be included in the property transfer.
There will always be elements in a property transaction that will be out of your control as the purchaser or seller, however some elements can be managed in a way as to avoid unnecessary delays.
The marital regime selected at the time of entering into a marriage will have a significant impact on how ownership of property is dealt with within the marriage, which is why it is important to understand the different options available and select the one that best suits you.
While the process for transferring ownership of immovable property remains largely the same in cases where one of the parties to the transfer is a minor, the minor’s contractual capacity must be carefully considered.