What causes registration delays?
What can cause my transfer / bond registration to be delayed?
- Lost Title Deeds
- Delay in buyer obtaining finance.
- Delay in receiving bond instructions from the bank.
- Delay in receiving rates clearance figures from local government – such a delay usually occurs when one or more utilities have not been billed on the seller’s rates account.
- Delay in receiving the Transfer Duty Receipt where one or more parties have outstanding taxes.
- Linked transactions.
- When client neglects to sign documents and pay costs when requested to do so.
- Where shortfalls occurs on either side or the parties neglects to pay such shortfall on request.
Recommended for you
There are a number of compliance certificates that a seller is required to submit to confirm that the property is in good condition, prior to concluding a sale. Some of these certificates are only required under specific circumstances, for example the borer beetle certificate.
There’s no denying that it’s tough to break into the property market and that doing this with your partner can be both a financial imperative and an exciting and romantic idea. While there are certainly benefits to jointly buying a property with your partner, it’s also important to go in with your eyes wide open for this endeavour to have the best possible chances of success.
Opening a guesthouse can be a lucrative endeavour, but before taking the plunge and converting a residence into a financially rewarding business, there are important steps to be followed and considerations to be taken into account.
According to South African law, an individual has the right to dispose of his or her estate as he or she wishes by stipulating this in a will. However, this right may be limited when in the public interest.
A new year always brings with it endless opportunity and is the perfect time to forge ahead with new plans and make the first move to achieve goals. If your aim is to sell your property, then follow these keys steps in helping to make sure it’s a successful and lucrative process.