Do you need a gas compliance certificate?

If you’re selling a property with a gas installation, a certificate of conformity will need to be obtained before transfer of the property. This certificate is issued in terms of Regulation 17(3) of the Pressure Equipment Regulations and has to be issued by an authorised person.

December 11, 2020

Regulation 17(3) states that a certificate of conformity has to be issued “after completion of a gas installation, modification, alteration or change of user or ownership”. A gas compliance certificate, where applicable, has to be issued for each and every property transfer. These certificates will be valid for 5 years and must be issued before registration of transfer into the name of the new owner.

Written by Wessel de Kock

Client Testimonials
I would like to say a big thank you to the entire team at Snymans Inc for providing such exceptional service with the sale of my property.  I would most definitely recommend your company to others.
- Lucy Snyman
Client Testimonials
Thank you so much to Chloe for all the hard work done and the professional service you give my clients.
- Michele le Roux
Client Testimonials
Thank you team Snymans, you guys were excellent. Many thanks to Stacey and the whole team involved. Most appreciated!
- Loretta & Brian
Client Testimonials
We would like to express our heartfelt appreciation of the welcoming, excellent and professional service we have received from your whole team. We definitely know where to turn for our future business and transfers.
- Lyzette & Dr Nel